Sunday

06052011

we sat by the pool. the sun reflecting off the water. stinging our eyes. stinging our skin. like small bites. like tiny pinpricks. stabbing… so lovingly.

you plunged inside.

then beckoned me.

and the water? it beckoned me, too.

how beautiful the water. how gently it caressed us. how jokingly it teased us. pushing us around from left to right. surrounding every crease of our skin. your skin. and mine. bonding us… ever more.

water…
like glue.

did you see me peek at you beneath the water?
did you see me glide my eyes over your limbs while sun and water rippled all about you?

did you feel me breathing out my love, my love?

i saw you part your lips inside that sky blue.

i heard your voice… like the sound of whales calling their mates in the wild and open sea.
i heard the birds from up above… chirping their sweet summer songs.

i felt… inside my heart… the brush of dandelion against the thirsty grass, trampled by the sparrows’ feet.

i saw…
heard…
felt…
you.

we
touched fingers…
touched lips…
touched bodies…

desire and delicacy…

moments of calm…
moments outside
the taint of imperfection…
moments… crafted
by an invisible hand.

in this water…
in my anchor…

i could not bring myself to turn away from you.

instead…

i drew nearer… and you drew nearer, yet.

and inside the depths of blue
we enveloped one another
inside… around…
the exquisiteness
of what we are.

how perfect
we are…

how flawless

… when we come
together.